49th Register’s Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa
July 24-30, 2022
OUT-OF-STATERS’ BICYCLE CLUB RAGBRAI XLIX CHARTER SERVICE
2022 RIDE DETAILS (Updated 3/7/22)
The Out-Of-Staters’ Bicycle Club (OOS) provides full and partial charter service to anyone who has been officially chosen for a baggage tag and wristband # through RAGBRAI and registers with OOS. Registrations due in by April 1 (register at www.ragbrai.com). This is separate from OOS.
You may register with us at any time by mail or online. If for any reason you are not chosen in the lottery or need to cancel your registration, a full refund will be sent if cancellation occurs by June 10, less a 10% cancellation fee.
If your cancellation occurs after June 10, 2022 you will not receive a refund. Protect your investment with travel insurance through McKay Insurance Agency. This is an inexpensive way to protect against vacation plan changes. They have been a long time supporter of RAGBRAI. You may sell your charter spot to another rider, but you will need to send OOS their name and the new person must forward a replacement registration form with their personal information.
We operate as follows:
- On Friday, July 22, 2022 we stage in Lansing from 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM to meet you and to load bicycles onto our semi-trailer and 2 U-Haul trucks. One of these trucks, along with the semi and part of our staff leave at 9:00 PM for the trip to Sergeant Bluff to set up camp. (In the Lansing staging area there will be camping, food, showers, and week-long parking close by.)
- At 7:30 AM on Sat., July 23, 2022 our charter buses arrive to load you and your baggage. These buses will depart at 8:00 AM for the trip across the state. You will be delivered to our (OOS) campsite, not the main RAGBRAI campsite in Sergeant Bluff, reclaim your bike, and begin the best week of your life. We will direct you to the main campsite if you are not using our baggage service during the ride, however, we do not provide transportation to the main campground. Let us know if you have questions.
- Our group grows in Sergeant Bluff when we meet those who choose to join us there; long-term parking is also available in this town. We keep 2 U-Haul trucks for baggage support during the week and have a vehicle for staff use and limited sag service.
- Each day at 4:15 AM, Tim & Danielle leave for the next overnight town to place our OOS signs to lead you into our next campsite.
- Each day you bring your baggage to our trucks, one leaving at 6:30 AM and the other at 7:45 AM.
- When you arrive at the next campsite, your baggage is awaiting you in rows by the truck it was loaded into that morning. If it is raining the bags are kept dry under plastic until you claim it.
- Each day we attempt to set up an exclusive campsite away from the Register’s main campground. This is to alleviate the crowded and noisy conditions that often accompany that area. We always try to get close to shower facilities and food. We also try to get close to the shuttle routes for your convenience.
- State of Iowa laws prohibit the disposal of waste water except in an approved area. Sun shower units will NOT be available.
- We provide drinks & light snacks in a beverage tent for our club members at a reasonable price. There will be grab & go breakfast items & coffee in the mornings. Our area (about the size of a football field) is secure until everyone has arrived and claimed space.
- In camp, we will have a charging station for your electronic devices and also bike pumps available for your use during the week.
- Along with our signage, you will have maps each day to guide you into camp. We will also email GPS coordinates for our campsites once they have been determined. The main information center will have our location in town posted.
- At the ride’s end on Sat., July 30, 2022 we meet again in Lansing where we met on July 22-23. From there, you claim your baggage and we bid many of you farewell.
- For those using July 30 transportation service back to Sergeant Bluff, we re-load bikes as soon as you arrive. The charter buses will arrive about 1:30 and depart from Lansing at about 2:00 P.M. so we will have a little daylight left to unload bikes.
So, what are your travel options and what do they cost you? The pricing below reflects the online or Credit card payments. Discounts are given for Cash or Check payments. See the registration page or registration form for the discounted pricing information.
Full Service: $420.00 Includes transportation for you, your bike, and your baggage at either end of the ride from Lansing to Sergeant Bluff, baggage support during the week, use of our exclusive campsites, beverage tent, limited sag service, tire pumps, charging station and more.
Transportation Only: $210.00 Includes transportation for you, your bike, and your baggage at either end of the ride from Lansing to Sergeant Bluff.
Baggage Only All Week: $245.00 Includes baggage support during the week, use of our exclusive campsites, beverage tent, limited sag service, tire pumps, charging station and more. No transportation at either end of the ride.
Baggage Only Per Day: $40.00 Includes baggage support for selected days, use of our exclusive campsites, beverage tent, limited sag service, tire pumps, charging station and more. No transportation at either end of the ride.
T-Shirt : $25 Available in cotton or Dri-Fit.
2022 Design will be updated soon!!!
2022 Design: FRONT BACK
As stated above, all those who travel with us MUST have secured a baggage tag (wristband #) from the RAGBRAI lottery. We are endorsed by RAGBRAI and must keep everyone official.
With this explanation of our operation, I know there will still be questions. Please contact us at any time for answers. We look forward to having you travel with us!!
To register for OOS RAGBRAI Charter Service for 2022, print a registration form from this site and send check or money order today. Print a 2022 print registration.
Our refund policy is as follows: Refunds will be given for any of the charter options if cancelled by June 10, 2022 as stated above, less the cancellation fee. We do not buy or sell RAGBRAI baggage tags. These must be obtained from or returned to the RAGBRAI office. Protect your vacation in case you would need to cancel for any reason after our refund deadline with optional travel insurance.