July 12-18, 2020
Out of Staters’ Bicycle Club
Iowa’s Ride Charter Service
The Out-Of-Staters’ Bicycle Club (OOS) provides full and partial charter service to anyone who has been officially chosen for a wristband # through Iowa’s Ride registration and registers with OOS. (register at www.iowasride.com). This is separate from OOS.
You may register with us at any time by mail. If for any reason you are not chosen or need to cancel your registration, a full refund will be sent if cancellation occurs by May 31, less a 10% cancellation fee.
If your cancellation occurs after May 31, 2020 you will not receive a refund. Protect your investment with travel insurance through McKay Insurance Agency. This is an inexpensive way to protect against vacation plan changes.
You may sell your charter spot to another rider, but you will need to send OOS their name and the new person must forward a replacement registration form with their personal information.
We operate as follows:
- On Friday, July 10, we stage in Rock Rapids from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM, (These times are subject to change), to meet you and to load bicycles onto our trucks. One of these trucks, and part of our staff leave at 9:00 PM for the trip to Dubuque to set up camp. (In the Rock Rapids staging area there will be camping, food, showers, and week-long parking close by.)
- At 7:30 AM on Sat., July 11, our charter buses arrive to load you and your baggage. These buses will depart at 8:00 AM for the trip across the state. You will be delivered to our (OOS) campsite, not the main Iowa’s Ride campsite in Dubuque, reclaim your bike, and begin the best week of your life. We will direct you to the main campsite if you are not using our baggage service during the ride, however, we do not provide transportation to the main campground. Let us know if you have questions.
- Our group grows in Dubuque when we meet those who choose to join us there; long-term parking is also available in this town. We keep the U-Haul truck for baggage support during the week and have a vehicle for staff use and limited sag service.
- Each day at 4:25 AM, Tim & Danielle leave for the next overnight town to place our OOS signs to lead you into our next campsite.
- Each day you bring your baggage to our truck leaving at 7:45 AM.
- When you arrive at the next campsite, your baggage is awaiting you in rows. If it is raining the bags are kept dry under plastic until you claim it.
- Each day we attempt to set up an exclusive campsite away from the main campground. This is to alleviate the crowded and noisy conditions that often accompany that area. We always try to get close to shower facilities and food. We also try to get close to the shuttle routes for your convenience.
- State of Iowa laws prohibit the disposal of waste water except in an approved area. Sun shower units will NOT be available.
- We provide drinks & light snacks in a beverage tent for our club members at a reasonable price. There will be grab & go breakfast items & coffee in the mornings. Our area (about the size of a football field) is secure until everyone has arrived and claimed space.
- In camp, we will have a charging station for your electronic devices and also bike pumps available for your use during the week.
- Along with our signage, you can print maps that will be emailed for each day to guide you into camp. We will also email GPS coordinates for our campsites once they have been determined. The main information center will have our location in town posted.
- At the ride’s end on Sat., July 18, we meet again in Rock Rapids where we met on July 10-11. From there, you claim your baggage and we bid many of you farewell.
- For those using July 18 transportation service back to Dubuque, we re-load bikes as soon as you arrive. The charter buses will arrive about 2:30 and depart from Rock Rapids at about 3:00 P.M. so we will have a little daylight left to unload bikes.
So, what are your travel options and what do they cost you? The pricing below reflects the online or Credit card payments. Discounts are given for Cash or Check payments. See the registration page or registration form for the discounted pricing information.
Credit card payment option went live on January 27, 2020. You may also pay by check.
Full Service: $365.00 Includes transportation for you, your bike, and your baggage at either end of the ride from Rock Rapids to Dubuque, baggage support during the week, use of our exclusive campsites, beverage tent, limited sag service, tire pumps, charging station and more.
Transportation Only: $165.00 Includes transportation for you, your bike, and your baggage at either end of the ride from Rock Rapids to Dubuque.
Baggage Only All Week: $210.00 Includes baggage support during the week, use of our exclusive campsites, beverage tent, limited sag service, tire pumps, charging station and more. No transportation at either end of the ride.
Baggage Only Per Day: $35.00 Includes baggage support for selected days, use of our exclusive campsites, beverage tent, limited sag service, tire pumps, charging station and more. No transportation at either end of the ride.
T-Shirt : $20 Available in cotton or Dri-Fit.